Monday, December 8, 2014

The Most...Stressful Time of Year

This is my first year teaching.  I think I should start out with that.  This has also become one of the hardest, most stressful, amazing years of my life.  High highs and low lows.

So what am I currently writing about.  Well, I figure I wan to remember some lessons learned this year.  What's the first thing I learned?

Be ok with not finishing things perfectly.  I am a perfectionist by nature, which made this year begin in an incredibly difficult place.  I wanted to be the best.  And you know what I learned?  I just need to be the best I can be and that means being ok with not being perfect and move on and learn from my mistakes.  Yup, growth mindset for the win.

Lesson the second:  Rest.  When I was in college, I would pulled all-nighters like whoa, or stay up as late as possible to work and succeed and understand.  Now, I know that sleeping is way more important than finishing work.  I need my me-time.  Or I will become unhinged.  Which helps absolutely no one.

I also realized that this is the most open minded I will ever be in my life.  And I need to cherish that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweets by @tomatopolish