Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Binder Organization

If you've known me for any length of time, you'd know that I'm an organized person, but I will always have the world's messiest (and I do mean messiest binder.)  Maybe it's my brilliant scientific mind can't be encumbered by your socially acceptable mode of object transportation or it could be that I'm just lazy, but aren't those things one and the same.  So telling kids that they have to organize their work into binders is not necessarily how I would do it.  However, I do see the benefit of keeping it in order.  It helps you find what you need, it helps you keep all your things in one place and boy howdy does it look good.  Of course, this is not the only thing we did today.  We also got to start on the unit conversions section which marks the end of measurements, and the beginning of PHYSICAL CONCEPTS.  My heart is almost full to bursting.  

In the notetaking activity, I noticed a couple things with the students.  One of our more serious boys was seated next to my kindergartener, and he helped focus him so well.  It seems one of the reasons that this boy can't focus is he can't understand, and isn't willing to try to understand.  The use of color was also beneficial for the kids, and helped them follow along, which can be difficult when using a video.  I'm just stressed right now.  And we did sub prep, so that was a learning experience.  I'm just not sure how Tuesday will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweets by @tomatopolish