Saturday, September 14, 2013

In Brightest Day...

Day 18-

I can't help but think of the song "Mama Said."  But in the positive way, for the most part.  Mostly the line "Mama said there'd be days like this."  It was only one moment in the day that really got me.  It wasn't some big part of the lesson.  The main struggle there was along the lines of getting kids interested but having them understand meant working all together.  It felt better than Thursday, but I don't think they enjoyed it much.

Onto the positive:  There are two students in particular who are improving rapidly.  When one started the year, he could not read or write even in his own language.  Now, he's understanding some english, writing some english and speaking some english with me.  It's a huge leap forward to be honest, and I'm so happy for him that he's improving.  The same goes for another student.  He was always willing to learn, but now his hard work is paying off.  He's a kinestetic learner for sure, and so he's also growing by leaps and bounds.  Both boys were volunteering in class yesterday and giving loads of answers and ideas.  So I approached them after class to tell them how much they've improved and noticed one was wearing a Green Lantern t-shirt.  That got us talking a bit about comic books and all that kind of stuff.  I've decided I might bring some of my comics in so they can read them when they have free time.  Pretty excited about that connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweets by @tomatopolish